Google Site Search

Google
 

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Orkut Scrap Virus

Orkut Scrapbook is another easy target for viruses and phishing scams. I did see some Portuguese/Spanish content scraps from my friends in my scrapbook and likewise they received the scraps from me.

But the comforting factor is that Google has disabled the scrapbook until they clean up all the scraps from the Orkut system. Google good job.

Doing a google search on Orkut Viruses, I did see a bunch of posts from 2006 pointing to a virus spreading scraps with a YouTube link. When users clicked on the link, it asked folks to download stuff which was a backdoor to trojans.

While you are reading this blog post, I STRONGLY suggest you to read the following cyber security tip from US-CERT:
Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Attacks

No comments: